Monuments at Night

Since the national monuments are currently close due to the government shutdown I felt like it would be appropriate to blog about them and show them some love.  I still can't believe the government shut down, but I feel less connected to it now that I'm on the other side of DC.  Anyway, here are some pictures I took during my August DC trip.
Monuments are extra pretty at night.  I think they are worth seeing both in the day and at night - each time has a totally different feel.  At night there is a very reverent feel near the monuments.


The picture below is just outside the Lincoln memorial.  It was almost completely dark outside, but I took a picture just as lightning struck off in the distance and I captured the whole sky lit up which was pretty cool.
Below is the World War 2 Memorial.





No Response to "Monuments at Night"

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger