Zion National Park Part 1

I've been on a National Park kick lately.  In just ONE week this summer I visited Yosemite, Zion and Arches National Parks.  Until that week I had always liked National Parks, but at the same time I always subconsciously associated them with boredom and old people.  But now I see them differently.  I realized that I am far more impressed with nature than I am with man-made attractions.  Something inside of me feels connected and fulfilled when I'm exploring these beautiful, giant parks and I'm constantly in awe of the beauty that surrounds me.  From now on I'm going to put a greater emphasis on visiting nature-based sites while traveling.

I drove to Utah last month and on my drive up I decided to stop at Zion National Park since I hadn't been since I was a little girl.  It did not disappoint.  So much so, that I stopped there a second time on my way back to California.  I took so many pictures it's ridiculous, and as I skim back through them I'm constantly wondering, "Why did I take a picture of that rock?  Why do I have 20 pictures that all look the same?  Oh my goodness, did I really take almost a thousand pictures?"  But then I remember how I felt when I was there and that I was trying in vain to somehow capture what I was feeling through pictures.  The pictures are wonderful reminders of my trip, but just can't fully demonstrate the beauty of actually being there in person.  Nonetheless, here are pictures from my trip.

I arrived in the afternoon and circled the visitor's parking lot multiple times, but I soon realized I would end up wasting precious time if I kept waiting for a spot to open up so I decided to just drive through the park from end to end.  Although I was initially disappointed, it was actually a really nice way to spend the afternoon. (There's Grandma's car, the one I was driving, below)






This scenery is so unique in Southern Utah, I love it.  I met a family from The Netherlands who were touring the Western United States for a month and they were absolutely loving Zion.  I can't think of anywhere in Europe that has similar scenery.


Out of nowhere some storm clouds moved in.  While only covering half of the sky at any given time, they added a dramatic contrast to the landscape that I loved.  







1 Response to Zion National Park Part 1

August 21, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Lauren, it looks so beautiful there! I love reading your blog and looking at all the fun pictures of your life!

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger