Huntington Beach

While Stephanie was in town we went down with the family and spent two days in Hunting Beach and had a wonderful time!






This is a horrible picture of me, but it was too funny not to post.  Grayson is into surprise attacking people and Mom caught one of those moments in this picture.
It took a few more tries to get a decent shot as you can tell....
The water was freezing and I had no desire to get in at all, but after seeing Mom, Steph and G in there waving to me, asking me to come out I knew I had to get in and I'm so glad I did.  After a few minutes the water felt totally fine and we had fun swimming around, diving under waves and tackling each other.
I wish the oceans off of California were as beautiful as they are off of Florida or the the Caribbean.  
We take chairs, an umbrella and a giant cooler full of treats and drinks with us when we head down, in addition to towels, sunscreen and extra clothes.  There's a couple of Walmarts not far from the beach so if you forget anything it's easy to just run down and stock up on beach supplies.

Steph and Grayson enjoyed laying on their towels, while I prefer to be sitting in a chair.

G looked so cute his fake Ray-Bans!

Poor G got stung by 2 different bees while we were at the beach.  Here's a picture of one of the dead bees.  Since when do bees hang out on the sand right by the water?  Luckily nurse Stephanie was on hand and removed the stingers for him.
We ate dinner on the pier at Ruby's and our food was especially good this time. Maybe it was just because we were so hungry after a full day in the sun, but those onion rings were up there with the best I've had in recent memory.
So much sibling love :)

We stayed the night at the Hyatt Hunting Beach and let me tell you, this is the place to stay!  It was so, so, so nice.  An absolutely huge and beautiful resort right on the beach. 
We got a free upgrade and so our room had a view of the ocean and a huge bathroom.
The bathroom alone was the size of most normal hotel rooms.
Not far from the hot tubs is a nice seating area with a fire place.  We saw people roasting marshmallows over the fire which I thought was cute.
The sunset was beautiful as always.




The next day we went back to the beach again, of course.


Steph representing Brazil with her towel by the Brazil surfboard.
haha fail.
We were told Sugar Shack is the best place in the area to grab breakfast in the area, so we headed there and had a delicious meal.   
We love Huntington Beach and can't wait till our next visit!


1 Response to Huntington Beach

July 19, 2013 at 6:44 PM

HAHAHA thanks for the "fail" picture! Lol. Good times! I miss it!!

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger