Ombre Fail

Another hair fail for the record books.  It's been a really rough past 8 months for my hair.  See HERE and HERE.

So we left off with my hair being dyed brown unintentionally.  I was over the brown real quick and started doing everything in my power to lighten it myself.  This primarily involved purple shampoo and lots of hydrogen peroxide combined with sunshine.  After about 2 months it lightened significantly, but was still not where I wanted it, so I sought professional help.  I decided now would be a great time to go ombre so I went to an upscale salon and asked very specifically for someone who was extremely experienced with ombre.  This was going to be a great way for me to get blonde back in my hair, but not have to worry about my roots for a while, all while following the current hair trends.  I went to my appointment with my "experienced stylist" and sadly, ombre did not happen at all.  I spent 5 hours with a lady who felt her horrible job was worth $230.  I couldn't even believe it - she butchered the cut and color and then wanted to charge me that crazy amount of money.  It was a nightmare.  There was no management there that day to speak with so I had to pay the full amount but agreed to come back on a day when management would be present.  Haley came with me that day and guess what...still no management.  Long story short, I had to get my hair done elsewhere since I was going on vacation and didn't have time for management to get their act together.  When I returned I sent them a very long, detailed email explaining my frustration over the situation as well as some pictures and luckily they very kindly and professionally responded offering far more than I expected.  In addition to a partial refund and keratin treatment they gave me a $500 giftcard to use towards future hair services there.  

Here is the "before."  My hair was pretty long at this point and a solid light brown color. 
Here is a before and an after.  Rather, after she colored it and cut it the first time.  Because of how bad it turned out she spent another 2 hours trying to fix it - notice the foils on the side of my head.  Her "fixing" it only made it worse.  And notice how much shorter it is :(  I didn't even want a hair cut since  I've been growing it out, but after she berated me about the condition of my roots I consented to half an inch.  Obviously we have different versions of what half an inch means.
Here are the final after shots.  I can't even fully describe what she did other than the fact that there is no blending/melting happening at all - it's just awkward steps of blond/brown contrasted very high up on my head. It looks like I have horrible, uneven roots.  I don't know what she was thinking.  If she didn't know what she was doing why didn't she just tell me in the first place instead of going through with this disaster?  Everyone who saw it was shocked and couldn't get over the fact that they let me walk out of the salon like I did.  Oh boy.  Hopefully I have better luck when I return to redeem my giftcard with them.

Epic fail.  The upside - my hair no longer looks like this and I am just a regular blonde again.  The downside - all her tinkering on my already damaged hair led to portions of my hair frying and kinking which meant I had to cut them off and now I have random side bangs and other short sections of hair.  Some of the damage is still visible, but is too high up to cut. 

I hope this is the end of my hair woes for a while.  I'm not sure it can't handle much more.




3 Response to Ombre Fail

June 6, 2013 at 2:01 PM

So sorry about your hair. If you were still in Utah I'd tell you to come to my friend. She does my hair and is fabulous! I hope they fix is ASAP, I'm glad they reimbursed you so much. Hopefully the person who did your hair gets a talking to, how could they let you leave like that. Good luck next time!

June 6, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I cannot believe that!!! I have never done ombre, but I bet I could have made it look like that for a lot less! I am glad you didn't let it slide and got such a great refund! Good luck with your next salon visit!

June 7, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Oh Lauren, I am so sorry! I didn't think it could possible be THAT bad as I was reading it, but then I scrolled to the pictures. I can't believe they let you leave the salon like that. I feel like my completely un-educated self could do better than that!

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger