Cherry Blossoms

Cherry Blossom season in DC this year was supposed to come towards the end of March but because of the cold weather it was delayed.  The peak bloom date was pushed back twice and unfortunately they didn't bloom until nearly the second week of April, when I was out of town.  However, just before I left to go out of town I walked around the tidal basin to see what few blossoms I could since I knew when I returned there would be nothing left.  The cherry blossom blooms have such a very small and delicate window.  I always feel bad for visitors who come to see them because you just never know when they'll bloom or if the weather will cooperate (which so often it doesn't).  Here are are the pictures I took just days before full bloom.  Despite being premature, they were still beautiful.  




One or two trees bloomed a little early and provided a good photo-opportunity.  I had to fight the throngs of people all surrounding the few trees in bloom to get a decent picture.
I love the Washington monument, but hate the scaffolding.  However, I'm excited that they are repairing it from the earthquake so that hopefully people will be able to go up to the top again soon.

















1 Response to Cherry Blossoms

May 26, 2013 at 9:01 PM

pretty! <3

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger