Remembering Jake Part 4

In Hawaii about 4 years ago.


The picture of Jake holding Grayson was taken our first time in Hawaii.




All the kids.
Thanksgiving at Grandma's house.  Never, ever a dull moment with Jake around. I just wish I remembered what/who they were imitating.  Your guess is as good as mine...raptors giving the hang ten sign, maybe? 



This sequence of pictures describes mine and Jake's relationship so well.  We acted like 7 year olds together all of our lives.  I don't know what it was, but we were always teasing and laughing.  
He used to call me downy (it's probably too politically incorrect to explain on this blog) and then signed onto my AIM account (back when that was all the rage) and imed all of my friends to start calling me by that nickname.  Sometimes he would even add on to it by calling me "Downy Springtime Freshness" which then grew to names like "Downy Springtime Freshness with a hint of lavender."  I can't even type this without laughing.  Even though I tried to make him stop calling me that, I actually found it all really funny.
I used to playfully hit him when he'd tease me, but one time at Magic Mountain with friends I was a little over zealous and somehow managed to give him a bloody nose in the process.  Oops.
I wish I had a picture from the time he threw me into our pool with my clothes on while I was on the phone.  I will certainly never forget that.  I was in short shorts and a blue top, talking on the house phone when out of nowhere he's behind me and I feel myself leave the ground and head towards the pool.  Luckily I thought to throw the phone out of my hand just before falling in.  As much as I pretended to care, I thought it was hilarious.  We had a good understanding between us that it was ok to tease each other.  And afterall, I teased him consistently as a child that I was taller than him so I suppose it was only fair that he got me back somehow.



1 Response to Remembering Jake Part 4

April 9, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Thanks for sharing your memories and photos! I loved reading. Sounds like you 2 had a great relationship. The downy story made me laugh haha! And him throwing you in the pool. Never forget these moments!

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger