Remembering Jake Part 2

This first group of pictures are from the day Grayson was baptized which means they were taken 6 years ago.  I can't believe it's been that long.  I think Jake looks so handsome in all of these pictures.  Blue was a great color on him.  If Jake was around then you knew there was going to be teasing, a little chaos and a lot of laughter.  His energy was very contagious and before long all of us were in on the fun.


Jake conquering Grayson, a feat few people have accomplished.

We had a fun car ride over to the Stake Center.  I love the look on Grayson's face.  He really, really looked up to Jake.  He thought he was about the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Actually, he would have ranked Jake about 100 times higher than sliced bread.  Jake was great at acting like a little kid and being random and silly which is exactly what Grayson needed and loved in a brother (especially since he doesn't have any near his own age).
It was next to impossible to get a serious picture.




 Finally we got a good one.  I sure miss him.
Family love.

I remember we had the most fun car ride home after G's baptism.  There was tickling, laughing and singing songs we made up as we went.  I'm sure we were annoyingly loud, but we just couldn't contain ourselves.  I have a portion of it recorded somewhere and it is purely ridiculous, but perfect sibling love.


With Uncle Mike at our house afterwards.
Now onto other events...
Here we are at a Jazz game
At the cabin, playing a very intense game of Risk a few years back.  I remember laughing so hard during this game.  The boys were out of control and dominating the world.
Jake and Dixon together at a graduation party for Dane and I.
Jake and Grayson were always silly together.  I can still hear Jake telling Grayson, "You Goober!" in my mind.  Grayson never tired of playing with Jake and loved all of the attention that Jake gave to him.



1 Response to Remembering Jake Part 2

April 9, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I remember that picture with us in it with Mike...they were making all sorts of jokes about how creepy Mike's hand looked in that picture. I don't really remember what they said but I just remember it was hilarious. Every time I see that picture it makes me smile because Mike does look a little creepy in it! Haha. Thank you for these posts, I'm excited to read the rest!

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger