Diamond Head

I woke up at 7 am on our last morning in Hawaii and took the bus to Diamond Head since I wanted to hike it before we left.  Once again, the bus ride was easy and only took about 20 minutes to get there.  Then it's a 5 minute walk to the park entrance where you pay just $1 (it's more if you drive and have to pay for parking).  The park says it will take about an hour to walk up and half an hour to walk back, but it only took me about 20-30 minutes to walk up.  It's a sometimes steep, but overall very easy trail.  I wouldn't suggest wearing flip flops since it's an uneven surface you're walking on most of the way.  Bring some water and maybe a sunhat depending on the time of day.  I wouldn't suggest wearing a sundress (like I did), because it's very windy up there.  Last bit of advice - I'm glad I got there early because there weren't too many people around.  On my way down I could see more and more people arriving and I was glad I didn't have to battle the crowds.
The trail you take going up and down.
The final stairs before the top.
The view of Waikiki.  
It's hard to take a bad photo at the top - there are beautiful views everywhere you look.

Part of the crater.



I really enjoyed hiking up to Diamond head.  Cheap, easy and great views.  It's definitely worth it.


No Response to "Diamond Head"

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger