Ala Moana and Farmer's Market

The Ala Moana is a nice shopping mall in Honolulu.  Because we're on a budget we didn't do much shopping there, but it seemed really nice.  There are lots of high-end stores and a food court.  We mostly went there so that we could meet up with Haley's friend Amy (that she knew in Utah) and her husband Keanue (pronounced ka-nu-e).  They were very nice and fun to hang out with for the evening.  We ordered Asian food and they bought us extra to take back to the hotel with us which was so nice.  They were a lot of fun and told us funny stories.  Keanue is Hawaiian and told interesting things about the Hawaiian culture.  We talked about how people here still speak pidgin .  He heard Haley call me Lolo (what she always calls me) and he asked why and then explained that in pidgin lolo means crazy.  We had a good laugh over that.


While we were there Amy and her husband told us about avocado smoothies and being the avocado lover that I am I just had to try one.  Mine was mixed with a little mango and it was surprisingly decent.  Extremely smooth and creamy and very unique tasting.  Probably the creamiest drink I've ever had.  I forgot to ask for no boba beads so I had to fish them out by hand because they literally make me gag.  I detest them.  Overall, the drink was interesting and unique.  I wouldn't get it again, but I'm glad I tried it.

  Later in the week we went to visit Amy and her husband at the Windward Mall in Kaneohe where they sell authentic, homemade Hawaiian food, such as poi.  I never would have discovered this farmer's market on my own since it is inside a mall and in a random city, but it is awesome and I'm so glad we came.  I forgot to get a picture of Amy and Keanue's table, but it was very nice and people obviously love their products.
We tried the most amazing Coconut peanut butter.  I stocked up and brought some home with me, but it didn't last very long.  It was delicious.
We tried lots of Island Preserve jams and they were really good.  Liliko'i (passion fruit) was one of my favorite flavors as well as pineapple and guava.
  These fruits were incredible.  
What the inside of the green one looks like.
Amy's husband gave us some Portuguese sweet rolls that were to die for. I also bought some Liliko'i flavored goat cheese and bread.  We ate so many amazing foods at this market, my mouth is watering just at the thought of it all.  I totally recommend going to some sort of farmer's market in Hawaii, and if you're in the area I would suggest this one.  Make sure to say hi to Amy and her husband!


No Response to "Ala Moana and Farmer's Market"

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger