Travel Quotes

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
-Mark Twain

“There is never any ending to Paris, and the memory of each person who has lived in it differs from that of any other. Paris was always worth it, and you received return for whatever you brought to it…”
-Ernest Hemingway, in A Moveable Feast

“People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home.”
-Dagobert D. Runes

"I’m gonna pack my bags 
And take that journey down the road 
Cause over the mountain I see the bright sun shinning 
And I want to live inside the glow" 
-India Arie, Beautiful

“There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.”
–Robert Louis Stevenson


“No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” 
-Lin Yutang

“Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” 
-Miriam Beard

“I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” 
-Mark Twain

“To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” 
-Aldous Huxley

“The world is a book, and he who doesn’t travel reads only one page.”
-St. Augustine

“Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.”
-Maya Angelou

"Find life experiences and swallow them whole. Travel. Meet many people. Go down some dead ends and explore dark alleys. Try everything. Exhaust yourself in the glorious pursuit of life."
-Lawrence K. Fish

“I may still not know what I want to be when I grow up, but I do know that someday I want to live in a house filled with my books and travel souvenirs. And the walls that aren’t covered in bookshelves will be covered with photos of my family and friends. When I leave the house I will be going to a job I love, and I will return to a person I love. So, that’s the dream I’m working on.”
-Amber Morely

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” 
-Mark Twain

“A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” 
-Tim Cahill

“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” 
-Susan Sontag


No Response to "Travel Quotes"

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger