Food in DC Part 4

It's been a while since I've posted about the great food in DC.

Bus Boys and Poets is always a fun to place to eat and hang out. It's got a very strong hippie/hipster feel to it which sets itself apart from other coffee shop/restaurants around. They have a small bookstore where most of the books tend to lean on the liberal side. They have sofas and tables that you can sit at, order a meal and work on your lap top or just read if you'd like. They have delish sweet potato fries. My veggie burger was on the dry side, but good (especially with the grilled onions). And I've always loved their desserts.

Kramerbooks is similar in that it's a bookstore/restaurant. They have live bands play here and is conveniently located in Dupont Circle. It's a fun little place to pop in and grab dessert at.

Founding Farmers is a well known restaurant in DC that I've been to a couple of times. I was shocked at how big the place is - two large floors. The interior is decorated nicely and feels open and airy. They pride themselves on being a farm-to-table type place where the ingredients are as fresh and organic as possible. I ordered fried green tomatoes and butternut squash ravioli. The tomatoes were decent, but hard to live up to what you can find in the south. The ravioli was delicious - I ate it all. This place is probably not in my top 5, but I would happily come back again or bring friends visiting DC.







The Burger Joint. This place just did not do it for me. I stopped by while passing through Dupont and had relatively high expectations based on what I'd heard from others, but I just didn't love it. I wasn't impressed by the bun, meat or even the sweet potato fries. This place is just eh to me.



Toki Underground. Loved this place. It was my first exposure to real ramen. A good blogger would take the time to edit these pictures and lighten them up. Instead, I'm going to show them to you just as they are without any touch-ups. If anything you'll get a feel for the lighting in the place.

My friend Jeff took me here and I was very impressed. It's on H street and is almost impossible to find if you're not looking for it. It's very small and there is no noticeable sign outside.  You go in a side door to "The Pug" and then up a flight of stairs to get to it.  It's just one medium sized room with skateboards for foot rests. It's always packed and there's always a wait but I thought it was worth it. I first heard about Toki Underground when the young hipster founder taught cooking classes at LivingSocial. This place has a lot of personality and is known for being of the first and only ramen places in DC. I highly recommend getting steamed dumplings as well.

Love these drinks where you pop the ball down into it.



Many more food places to come.


1 Response to Food in DC Part 4

September 7, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Nice Blog -This blog is beautify my info and required details which really great matter of admiration and worth praising - Net Life Sciences, Net Life Science Coaching Delhi, Net Life Science Coaching

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger