The Cabin

Dixon's Dad has a cabin near Fairview, Utah that we've been going to practically my entire life. There are not enough words to describe how much I LOVE going to the cabin. I am constantly so happy when I'm in the mountains. There is just something about being surrounded by nature that does my soul good. I love the crisp air, the beautiful scenery, and the lack of distractions (texting, Facebook, errands etc). Here are a few instagramed pictures that I took up there.
Some random memories of the cabin - when I was younger Emily, Jake, Steph and I spent each summer perfecting our fort behind the cabin. It was serious business and we put a lot of work into expanding it. We also enjoyed putting on the waders and playing out in the stream looking for fish. I remember having to always be sprayed with bug spray each morning so I didn't get eaten by mosquitos. Jake found an arrowhead up the road once which was memorable. There is not another cabin within miles so we could really do whatever we liked without bothering anyone else. Unfortunately, many of the trees on nearby properties are being lumbered away which made us sad. Mine and Emily's inner hippie came out and I remember we'd take off the color elastics from the trees hoping that by doing that they would not be cut down. That was probably a bad idea, but we didn't want to see any more get destroyed. In the evening we'd lay in bed and talk late into the night. One time we saw a giant white flash outside and to this day still don't know what caused it. We tried sleeping out on the deck and absolutely froze. There was a fake fish plaque that hung on the wall near the stairs that'd sing, "Don't worry, be happy now" every time you pushed the button. We pushed that button probably a thousand times a day.
There's now another smaller cabin (aka the shed) behind the main cabin where the kids sleep which is helpful so we're not so crowded. I don't wade in the river, build forts or interfere with the logging anymore, but I still find the same happiness in coming here as I always have. Nowadays I enjoy riding 4 wheelers, hiking and shooting Josh's guns.
A picture before our sibling run. Running in that altitude is brutal, let me tell you.

Everyone loves 4 wheeling.

G is getting ridiculous tall. In fact, him and Steph are now the same height. Good thing he's gotta a few more inches before he looks me straight in the eye.
Even Ranger got to go for a ride on the 4 wheeler!
Out back roasting hot dogs and marshmallows.
Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous.
Dixon made us great breakfasts in the morning.
I adore them.
We rode the 4 wheelers in a line and sometimes we'd space out if the dust got bad. Occasionally when I'd look up ahead or back I felt like I was in a game of Mario Kart and we were all racing around the track, ha.


I love this candid picture of Jake and Grayson together.
Josh always brings up his guns and we go shooting. He has some very impressive and expensive guns and is so generous with letting us shoot away and use up a ton of amo. Don't worry, we are extremely safe and did not start any forest fires.
Aunt Heidi, Mom and G are all great shots!
Here I am doing what I love more than just about anything - riding the 4 wheelers. I have no idea why I love it so much, but I really can hardly think of anything I'd rather be doing. If I had one week left to live I'd spend one day skiing and one day riding the 4 wheeler, no doubt.

Jake, G and I went on our own outing and encountered a few roadblocks while heading up the back trail. On both occasions we were able to pull enough of the debris away by using a chain and group effort to make a small clearing to pass through underneath as shown below. That brought back memories of us clearing away branches to make our fort, except now we were a bit stronger and more sophisticated in our efforts.



Coming back down the trail towards the cabin around the corner. If I had it my way I'd spend a solid month here every year.

Emily, Josh, Grayson, me and Jake. Just missing Steph! She was taking a final when this picture was taken, but she was able to come up and join us later. This is probably one of the best sibling pictures we have.

Can't wait till next time.



No Response to "The Cabin"

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger