The Capitol

I normally like to go in depth on posts about visits to significant sights, explaining the significance of each picture and the sights I saw, but I have been procrastinating this post forever due to the sheer volume of information I learned while touring the Capitol. I have been postponing finishing this for over a year and I'm just tired of waiting so I am going to post as is without the extra info and facts. Basically, the Capitol is cool and you should go :)

Anyone can go take a tour of the Capitol. You can make reservations ahead of time and if it's not too busy you can just show up by going down the steps on the East side of the building. However, if you have a friend who works/interns at the Capitol ask them to take you on tour because they can show more than the average person can. Or you can contact you local representative and set up a tour that way as well which is a good idea.



Because my roommate Amanda was an intern we got to walk through the underground tunnels that connected the offices of Congress to the Capitol. In the hallways there is artwork covering the walls submitted by people from each representative's district.



My pass.

Statue of Brigham Young representing Utah.

You can try whispering in the whispering gallery and hear someone on the other side of the room.

Pretty paintings in the Rotunda.







The Rotunda



Now the Senate has a huge wing to itself, but it was cool to see where it used to be. The minimal lighting gives you a feel for what it must have been like back then.















Here I am in the Crypt. The star in the center supposedly, "denotes the point from which the streets in Washington DC are laid out and numbered."


No Response to "The Capitol"

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger