Recap

Time for a quick picture recap on my life lately.

Friday night volleyball with friends was a surprisingly fun activity. I'm not as horrible as I remembered, luckily, but I am still scared of the ball and would much rather watch people play than actually play myself.

Took a drive down to Laray Caverns with Whitney, Tom and Jake. The drive was gorgeous - Virginia is such a beautiful state. And the caverns were great too.
We were told two men were looking for caverns/sink holes a little over 100 years ago and found a hole in the ground the size of a quarter, dug for 5 hours and then discovered this. I want to know how the heck they even noticed a hole that small and didn't think it was just made by an animal. So glad I was not the first person who had to climb down into it. Nature really is amazing - so much beauty all around us. Also, they have an organ down in the caverns that plays the world's creepiest music ever. Sounds straight out of a horror movie, even though I don't think that was their intention.
So what you're seeing in this pic is the stalactites hanging from the ceiling and their reflection in a pool of water. Cool.
This an oldie, but one I can't believe I haven't posted. My college roommate, Michelle, moved out to DC with her husband recently and we met up for lunch before she had her baby. Michelle is so much fun and brought a lot of laughs and pranks to my life in college.
Tyler is one of my best friends from high school. He came out to DC for work a little while ago and we were able to meet up for dinner and walk around the mall. Which, as he learned, when we say mall in DC we're not talking about a shopping mall, but the national mall where you can find many monuments and Smithsonian museums. We had a good laugh over that. Tyler is one of the kindest, smartest, funniest and most genuine people I have ever met. So grateful for his friendship. (Disregard the spacey eyes I have in this pic.)
Karli and I out to dinner at Sticky Rice. She is such a doll.

More pictures coming later this week.


3 Response to Recap

June 20, 2012 at 8:17 PM

It looks like life is treating you well! You are as beautiful as always and I love that you do stuff with Karli! Maybe one day I will make it out there to visit the two of you!

June 21, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Lauren! It was really good to see you. When are we going to get together again?

V.
June 29, 2012 at 4:40 AM

Conrats! Your blog is one of the most interesting! ;)

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger