Passport Weekend

So this post is actually from a year ago. Yes, you read that correctly. But it seems appropriate to finally post it now since these events are happening all over again. Last year Haley and I went to Passport DC which is a weekend where most of the Embassies open their doors and let people take tours, meet ambassadors, eat food and learn a little more about the culture of that country.

We visited Iraq, Japan and Nepal's embassies. I love living in DC for reasons like this. I'd never been to embassy prior to this event.


They even stamp your "passport" which I thought was cute.


My favorite Embassy was Iraq because we actually got to meet and take a picture with the ambassador and his wife. Both were incredibly friendly and charming.

Had my name written in Arabic. I know its correct because when we met the ambassador he looked at it and then said my name in English.

This little girl at the Nepal embassy and was the cutest thing ever.

Next up was Japan for Haley since she loves Japan.

Origami of course. I love origami. Most embassies displayed items or served that represented their country.
Japan also showed some invention demonstrations such as the one below.
This year's post is coming soon!


2 Response to Passport Weekend

May 16, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I love this post. You write the best blog entries!!! This was so much fun!!! I need to go again next year!!!!! xxoxooxox

May 16, 2012 at 5:06 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger