New York with Jeff

Last Saturday I went up to New York for the day with my friend Jeff from high school. We took the bus up and back which worked out perfectly since we had a solid 12 hours in the city. It's a 4 hour drive, but went by pretty quickly since we could sleep, read, play on our iPhones etc. Plus, it's pretty cost effective compared to what gas/tolls would cost if we were to have driven. Here are a few pictures from the day. (Because my posts can get extremely long with all of the pictures I'm trying out this new picture collage thing to see the difference it makes in condensing my posts a little).
We started off the day by getting breakfast at Extra Virgin. The food was delicious and in a cute little neighborhood near NYU. My french toast with caramelized bananas and marscapone was so decadent. We went to the 9/11 memorial, but didn't have tickets so instead we went to the giftshop and saw the progress made on the new WTC towers (as shown above).

Regardless of where we went (the pictures below are from Washington Square and Battery Park) there was always something going on. There were some really awesome break dancers who put together an entire show that we caught in Battery Park. It was hilarious and very entertaining - these people knew exactly what they were doing and what the audience wanted to see and hear. My favorite line of theirs came when they were asking for money, "Obama wants change, we want dollars!" And yes that man is jumping over a row of chilren.
New York is filled with so many unique people. I don't feel like you can passively experience New York - you are constantly seeing people and events that make you stop and think about what you're seeing.
If you need a treat definitely stop by Levain's. But be prepared for the most dense, filling cookie of your life. Totally worth it.
Only in New York would there be a fine for honking. And since when does McDonald's deliver!? As if the drive through weren't convenient enough.
For dinner I highly recommend eating at Lombardi's Pizza. It's famous for a reason. The Italian soda and bruschetta were great, but if I went back I'd save my appetite for the pizza alone. It is so so good.

Ended the night with a walk through Time's Square, a little treat and me exhausted on the ground waiting for the bus.

I had a great time in New York. It was my third time there and also my favorite - I like that city a little more each time I go back.


1 Response to New York with Jeff

April 30, 2012 at 7:40 PM

we need to talk more... I was in NYC too haha

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger