Happy Easter

Happy Easter!!

Easter was very relaxing this year. I always miss not being with my family, but I've pretty much lived away from home for the last 7 years, so I've adjusted to spending holidays with friends instead. But still, nothing beats being with family...maybe next year. Wow, 7 years of living away from home...that's crazy to think about. I love what a happy holiday Easter is in every way. Pastel colors, presents, good food, lots of treats, and of course the most important reas
on - to celebrate the Savior's resurrection.

I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
John 11:25–26

After church my friend Crystal invited a group of us over for creamed eggs and toast. This is a family tradition that she has carried on out here in DC. I was wary of creamed eggs...sounds quite strange and not something I'd ever heard of or tried before. But they were surprisingly good. It's sort of a like a gravy that you pour over your toast. It's a good way to use up all of your left over hard boiled eggs.
Easter package! I am so sad I have to wait another year to eat Cadburry mini eggs!
Definitely the cutest animal cracker box every created. Is it weird that I want to save it?
The weather was gorgeous yesterday and all of the flowers were in bloom. Took this picture on my way home from church. I just love this time of year.
In the evening some friends came over and BBQed for dinner. They made hamburgers, grilled asparagus, zucchinis and shallots. It was soooo delicious and much better than the bowl of cereal I planned on eating. I'd never had grilled shallots, but they were so soft and tender. After grilling you peel the outer layers, squeeze lime on them, sprinkle a little salt and then eat them. Delicious!

“Our Savior lived again. The most glorious, comforting, and reassuring of all events of human history had taken place—the victory over death. The pain and agony of Gethsemane and Calvary had been wiped away. The salvation of mankind had been secured. The Fall of Adam had been reclaimed. The empty tomb that first Easter morning was the answer to Job’s question, ‘If a man die, shall he live again?’ To all within the sound of my voice, I declare, If a man die, he shall live again. We know, for we have the light of revealed truth. … My beloved brothers and sisters, in our hour of deepest sorrow, we can receive profound peace from the words of the angel that first Easter morning: ‘He is not here: for he is risen.’” - President Thomas S. Monson


No Response to "Happy Easter"

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger