Saturday Run

Last Saturday was one of the first free Saturdays I've had in a long time. I slept in and then woke up to a beautiful, sunny, slightly windy day. I decided to do something I've been wanting to do for a while - run from my house to the Lincoln Memorial, which is 3.2 miles away. There's no time like the present, so I laced up my shoes, grabbed my iPod and headed out. I haven't been running in forever, and the wind factor didn't make it any easier, but it felt great to be out running again. What made it even better was that I had multiple "I live in DC" moments. First I ran right past the Pentagon, then across the Potomac and then to the Mall. And all of that is within just 3 miles of my house! I truly love DC - it's a such a beautiful, wonderful place to live.

Hello, Pentagon and pretty clouds.
Running across the Potomac. Can the weather really be this great in February? Ahh, love it.
Almost there!
Something that most people don't realize is that you can walk around the perimeter of the Lincoln Memorial. There's hardly ever anyone in the back and it's a great place just to sit and rest.
Something else that I think most people miss is the little museum underneath the monument. Notice the door on the lower, left hand side. There are restrooms, videos and wall displays. There's also an elevator here that will let you bypass taking the stairs to the top.
And no post would be complete without an instagram photo
Can't wait for more beautiful runs in DC!

No Response to "Saturday Run"

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger