West Virginia

Did you know West Virginia is only 69 miles away from my house? I didn't realize it was so close until just last week. Haley and I made the incredibly short drive over there to enjoy the fall leaves and I also got to mark a new state off my list. I have pretty much been listening to John Denver's Take Me Home, Country Roads nonstop since our trip.
We went to Harper's Ferry, which is a very historic area with famous Civil War sights near by.
Perfect Fall day.
This is where the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers cross.
A mini photo shoot occurred on the bridge.
I went to come back and go rafting here during the summer. It's such a nice area.
I want to take this picture and frame it in my house.
West Virginia, you are great. Very woodsy and calm. I'll be back.
All of these photos were taken from my iPhone. There were probably be another post later with the pictures taken with my SLR.

4 Response to West Virginia

November 8, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Goorgeous!! Just stumbled over your blog- LOVE it!! Following now :)

November 9, 2011 at 5:42 PM

yayyy!!! so fun!!!!! hopefully we have many more little excursions! xoxo

Dee
November 15, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Love your blog... great pictures. I'll have to visit again.
beneaththeelmtree.blogspot.com

December 16, 2011 at 4:48 AM

west va seriously has such a bad reputation but in its own right, is one of the most beautiful places in the US in my opinion :)

great blog!

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger