24 Birthday

This past Saturday I celebrated my 24th birthday! Wait, what? Am I ever going to feel my age or is life just going to keep going by this fast? 24...I think that constitutes as mid-twenties. Yikes. But I have good feelings about this year, I think it's going to be really great. Stephanie flew out to be with me this weekend which was so unbelievably nice of her. It completely made my day a million times better to have her here to celebrate with me. We took it easy and just enjoyed the day. I really appreciated everyone who sent me birthday texts, emails, wrote on my fb wall or called and sang/left messages. They totally made my day.
Seesters.
Haley made me cinnamon rolls with extra butter and sugar :) Yummy!!
Birthday shrine. I feel so lucky to have so many thoughtful people in my life who thought of me on my bday! This doesn't include everything, I just kind of start throwing things on the desk and then snapped a picture.
Waiting for the metro...story of my life...why not turn it into a photo opportunity!
Butterfly sighting...I'm very easily amused.We walked around Georgetown since I love that area and did a little window shopping. Then we ate dinner at Papa Razzi since my co-worker recommended it and because it's also in Georgetown.
Haley met up with us and we enjoyed a great meal! I especially loved what I ordered. Everything I tried was very tasty.
Rigatoni with Italian sausage, tomatoes and caramelized onions.
Roommates from Utah all the way to DC.
Haley gave me a birthday card from Japan that was signed by Prince Harry! :) Yes!
Cell phone picture.
Cute and delicious birthday dessert!
Next stop - Les Miserables. After dinner there was a small amount of chaos as we realized time had gone by really quickly at dinner and we were running late, so we went to Haley's car only to realize that Steph had forgotten her phone at the restaurant and Haley couldn't find her valet parking pass. Steph ran back to the restaurant and then Steph and I ran at top speed down M street and then 25th to find the Kennedy Center (which neither of us had been to before). Haley got her car and offered to come find us and drive us the rest of the way, but by that point Steph and I had pretty much found the Center. It was a birthday miracle because we walked in just as everyone was going to their seats, moments before the started. Phew. Steph is pretty much the best sister ever and got us AMAZING seats - second row center. We are both obsessed with this play (we've lost count how many times we've each seen it, but it's the 7 times range) and were both so happy to see it once more. This version had more props than any other version I've ever seen and I loved it. I was so engrossed in the show as if it were the first time I had seen it. Sometimes I get nervous for the actors - worried they aren't going to reach the high notes or something, but not with the people in this production - they were all unbelievable. In Les Miz you laugh and you cry and at the end you just want to be a better person. Steph is a great person to see it with because A. She really appreciates and loves it and B. She knows the answer to every single question you might have about the plot, characters, music etc etc.
I would also just like to point out that the Kennedy Center Opera House is Gorgeous with a capital G!
It was a wonderful birthday and a wonderful start to this new year. Thank you family and friends for all making it so amazing, I love you all so much.

3 Response to 24 Birthday

October 17, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Oh you are sooo nice! I had SOOOO much fun out there in DC with you! It's just not the same without my sissy in utah! But it was so fun to feel like a real local back East with you! :) I'm so glad I got to be there on your birthday and hope you had a great week! Love you tons!

October 18, 2011 at 2:41 PM

ok missed your birthday, so happy late birthday!! hope you had a wonderful day, it looks like you did. i miss you and i've been blogging again haha or trying. i need a real update about your life will you please text me or call me or something?? i don't even know if you have my number so fb me so we can chat. are you in dc?? i need to hear all about it! xo

November 9, 2011 at 5:47 PM

best. blog. post. ever. well, for the month of october, lol. i want a birthday shrine! tehehe jk ;)

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger