Philadelphia

Haley and I went to Philadelphia for a day just for fun and had a good time.
This was a lot smaller than I imagined. But still cute.
There are some parts of the city that were really pretty. And others that were really ghetto. I guess it goes with all cities, but it's seemed very apparent here especially. You were in either a really great or a really not so great area, not often in between.
There is so much history here. I know, what a genius statement.
Being the foodie I am, of course there were Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches involved in our trip. We went to a very famous place for them in order to get the best ones possible.
So it doesn't look incredibly appetizing, but it was pretty good. Although, not as flavorful as I would have hoped. Man, was I stuffed after eating this monstrous thing.

If this place is good enough for my homeboy Kobe it is good enough for me. Holla.
Haley and I had to laugh at how the condiments were locked down. Umm, really?
Us with our Colonial friends. They really got into character and were entertaining to visit with.
The famous Liberty Bell. I can remember coming to see this a long time ago, although it seemed bigger then.

Finished the day off with some delicious food we food at a little cafe run by a French man who's family is from Africa and who now is an American citizen. That's America for you.

It was a good day, although next time I go to Pennsylvania I'd like to spend more time in Amish Country or elsewhere. And I really need to stop writing blog posts so late at night because I start saying the weirdest things.

3 Response to Philadelphia

September 30, 2011 at 4:06 PM

I love your pink shirt!!

October 2, 2011 at 2:23 AM

Laur! You look sooo pretty in these pictures. Just thought you should know. Love that you are making the most of living on the East Coast. Miss you!

October 3, 2011 at 11:51 AM

lauren I have the same pink shirt but mine is purple!!!! Lauren+Lisa=made for each other

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger