Garden

Haley and I have decided to plant a little garden in our backyard. We went to Lowes and had far too much fun picking out supplies. We were like little kids in a candy store, except that instead of being happy about sugar, we were happy to be buying pots and dirt and plants. I had so many memories come back to me of being a little girl and gardening with my mom out in the front yard. Steph and I usually had big spoons and we helped her dig holes and even got to pick out our own flowers that we wanted to plant in the yard. What fun memories, I hope I carry that tradition on with my own children.
I put two bell pepper plants and two cucumber plants in this little container. I'm well aware that that is far too much in a container this size, but have you seen the prices of those containers? They're dang expensive so I'm just gonna squish them together for a little while and then transplant them later.
I wish I could take credit for the strawberries all over our backyard, but they were already there when we moved in. They are growing like little weeds! (No pun intended).

I grabbed a handful of them and took a book and went a laid out on our hammock in the backyard. It was a perfect afternoon.

I got a little carried away with the pictures, but they were such perfect, delicious strawberries. I had to show them off.
I'm excited to see our plants grow this summer! Updates will be coming soon.

3 Response to Garden

June 2, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Look at the light in those photos! So pretty . . . even majestic, yes? Glad to see you spend time relaxing and not sight-seeing ALL the time :)

June 3, 2011 at 11:36 AM

you guys are so stinkin cute!!!

June 5, 2011 at 7:18 PM

YAYAYAYYYY!!! and the plants are even bigger now :D can't wait for the veggies to appear :D

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger