Zoo Part 2

Now for the best part about the zoo - the baby lions! Yes, they have little lion cubs that are growing up so quickly and are absolutely adorable!
Awww, I wish I could have just picked one up and held it.
Sleepy.
Aside from the babies, there was also papa and mama lion. The Dad sat so regally on the highest part of their area and just observed, making sure everything was how it was supposed to be.
But even he got a little sleepy too. Check out those teeth! He also roared a few times which was interesting to hear.
There were actually two mom lions, but I only got a picture of one of them.
Around dinnertime the dad lion finally came down from his perch and the cubs acted like he had just gotten home from work! They were ready to play with him which was really cute.
I love this picture - a big punch in the nose, hahaha.
I'm obsessed. I stood there for probably a full half hour just watching them until they went inside for dinner.


Now onto the other animals. Zebras are really pretty. Look at this one's massive jaw.

The exotic animals are my favorite for sure.

Elephants are such unique and fascinating animals. They're not so much cute or cuddly, but more wise and humorous.

Now we have the tiger. Each was kept in his/her own area. Guess they're not very social.
Tigers are such absolutely gorgeous animals. Possibly the most beautiful animals I've ever seen. Something about their face and coloring.
I can't imagine how scary it would be to run into one in the jungle.
It was close to dinnertime and this guy knew it. He kept pawing at the door and making this loud cry. He seemed really agitated.
Ok, before I end this post, just ONE more picture of a baby lion!!
If you like zoos be sure to stop by the one in DC because it's free and they have some great animals to see.

2 Response to Zoo Part 2

May 24, 2011 at 4:13 PM

omg omg omg omg omg omg!!! yayyyy!! babies!!! i love babies!!!!!! ...baby animals, that is ;)

May 25, 2011 at 12:58 AM

Free? I need to move to DC already. We LOVE zoo's, but this one looks terrific. Thanks for sharing ;)

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger