Cafe Rio

In honor of Cinco De Mayo I'm posting about Mexican food. Very Americanized, but very delicious Mexican food.

I guess Cafe Rio heard that I was moving out here because they opened their first East Coast location soon after I got here! Thanks Cafe Rio, you know I love you.
It's about half an hour away from where I live which is good because it's close enough that I can have it whenever I want, but not so close that I can eat there way more than I should. Of course I was there opening night and so was everyone else and their mom. Totally packed, but that's how I'm used to it being. I really felt like I was back in Utah because I even saw the missionaries there. Here is a secret camera phone photo displaying all the people that were there. Everyone was so friendly, I even made a couple of friends standing in line.
A guy who is related to the CEO of Cafe Rio sent out an email and said that the first 10 people to respond got a free shirt with a free meal coupon attached to it. I'm pretty sure I was the very first one to respond haha. Here's me taking a pic of my shirt with the coupon attached to it. My current favorite item is their sweet pork tacos. Why did I discover this sooner? It's the perfect combination of everything. I'm drooling thinking about it right now.

The guy who sent out the emails offering the free meals replied back with his two favorite messages that he received and I thought they were really funny too. Ashley: Uhhh I know I'm probably reply number 9845309485 but I still want the info. I love Cafe Rio more than boys. Thanks!!!

James: Let's face it I really just want the free shirt and food. I recently just moved to arlington from Manassas which was very hard since the cafe rio would only have been 1000 yrds from my house. Needless to say I will be making many trips back home for no reason what so ever. I will how ever not deprive myself of this southern goodness just because the northern state was able to open theirs first. I look forward to the day when every person, of every creed color and political affiliation will be able to unite with one another, having the bond of sweet pork at their lips, and no more differences will be heard. Just the eager sounds of their chewing and their unified approval in the common language we all know.... MmmMmmmmm

People are so weird and funny. I love it. And I love that Cafe Rio is here now.



2 Response to Cafe Rio

May 6, 2011 at 1:29 AM

I was just telling Travis how much I was going to miss Cafe Rio when I move to Ohio and he said we should open a franchise.

May 6, 2011 at 1:45 AM

hahahaha this post cracked me up!

I basically overdosed on cafe rio during high school. I had it a few weeks ago, though. First time in A LONG TIME. Still glorious.

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger