Ben's Chili Bowl

It's kind of ironic that I'm giving this place an entire post of its own, because I didn't especially love the food. I thought it was just alright. But it's super famous here so Haley and I made sure we stopped by to try it out. There is a lot of character in the restaurant as well as the people. The employees were dancing and laughing and having a good time while they were working which was fun to see.
Of course there was a line out the door and around the side.


The Chili half smoke is the most popular item to order. The prices were very reasonable.
Stand in line to order and then they bring it to your table. If you're lucky enough to find an available table that is.

I got the half smoke with some potato salad.
They loooooove Obama here! Pictures of him all over the place. He famously came to eat here right around the time of his inauguration. Poor President Bush only has a tiny little pic on the very back wall ha.

If you're going to be in DC a while I think it's place that you have to at least try once, although I don't think I'll go out of my way to go back again.

1 Response to Ben's Chili Bowl

April 26, 2011 at 8:09 PM

Oh my! I especially love the last picture! That is hilarious!

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger