Food in Utah

I've been savoring some of my favorite foods here in Utah before I leave! I wish someone would pay me to be a food critic because I love eating all this good food. I don't normally eat out this much, but the past few weeks I've been trying to hit up all the places that I love around here and now I'm going to share what I love about each of them with you.

Guru's: I don't even remotely like sweet potatoes, but the sweet potato fries at Guru's are excellent! Seriously, they're my favorite fries in the world. I crave them all the time. Sorry for the camera phone quality picture.
This cheese tortellini pasta with a bell pepper cream sauce is only a temporary item, but it is one of the best pastas I've ever had and so I suggest you hurry and get some fast!
Zupas: I practically live here because I've been going so often lately. The Maple Blueberry Vermont Salad and the Tomato Basil Soup are my favorites. Their mango creme brulee is surprisingly good and you always get a free slice of french bread and a chocolate covered strawberry. What's not to love?

Bombay House: It's expensive, but there's so much food you can easily share. I always come here with my darling friend Jenni and we talk about our lives over the most delicious Indian food - Chicken Tikka Masala, regular and garlic naan, as well as some cucumber raita.
The heart is so cute in the raita!
Red Ginger Bistro: Went here with Garrick and Brittni and had some delicious sushi! The best part is that it's not very expensive either. It's off of State and 3300 South in Salt Lake.
Pizza Factory: I've been eating here for probably close to ten years - it started off visiting Emily at work, then I worked here myself and now I go just because I like it so much! I seriously never, ever get tired of it. Getting a breadtwist is a must! I like to dip mine in ranch or alfredo sauce. Their smoothies are also way good as well as the salad bar.
I realize that this does not look very appetizing, but that's because I jumped right in and started eating before I remember to take a picture. It's that good. Ask for the Szechuan chicken pasta but have them mix a little alfredo in the sauce. Sounds weird but it's the absolute best.
And don't leave without getting a Never on Sundae!! It's basically a pizookie - cookie, ice cream, whip cream and chocolate and caramel. I love their caramel so I asked for extra.
Thai Ruby: This is one of my favorite restaurants of all time. It never disappoints. Every single time I go me and the people I'm with always find ourselves saying, "Mmm it's extra good this time." Based on outward appearance and location though you'd never guess just how great it is.
I love the pad thai, panang curry and tom ka gai soup.
And for dessert - mango and sticky rice! Pure heaven.
Hires Big H: A Salt Lake classic.
Even the Wall Street Journal and Gourmet Magazine have great things to say about it.
Steph and I each got the New York H burger, although I made mine a veggie burger. They were both great. I especially loved the fries and fry sauce.
Cafe Rio: A Utah staple. I absolutely love their tortillas, the house salad dressing, the pulled pork and their tres leches. Oh my goodness.
Olive Garden: I realize that this is a chain restaurant and not unique to Utah in any way, but it is one of the places I have eaten at the most frequently over the past few years. And here's the conclusion I've come to - just go and sit in the little casual eating area by the bar and order some alfredo, breadsticks and smoothie and you are set. That's the best part anyway. I always eat these things plus the salad and then am too full when my meal comes. And even still the alfredo is the best part to me. There is no alfredo in the world that I like better. So instead of spending lots of money on a full meal I just get the best parts for around 6 bucks, perfect.
Writing this post sure made me hungry.

5 Response to Food in Utah

March 14, 2011 at 12:05 AM

You're killing me!! I miss a lot of things on that list =)

I'm sure you'll find a ton of delicious food in DC though! My oldest brother lives out there and my parents visit a couple times a year, so if we ever head over there, I'll let you know =)

March 14, 2011 at 9:33 PM

I am impressed. That is a great list. I am going to need to start getting my fill on these restaurants before I go too. :(

March 15, 2011 at 6:23 PM

I love your blog. It makes me happy :)

March 16, 2011 at 10:57 AM

cafe rio cafe rio cafe rio =]]] honestly i think i own that place now with the amount of money i've spent there. they'd probablly go under without me!

March 20, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Good post! I'll have to try the couple places on here I haven't yet. Sorry I didn't get to see you before you left Utah.

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger