Heading to Cancun

My latest out of country adventure was to Cancun, Mexico. It all began when last year our flight back to the US from St. Maarten was overbooked and so Brandon and I offered to stay back and go on a flight back home the next day instead. In return, we were given free food and hotel vouchers for that extra day in St. Maarten, as well as a $400 plane voucher for a future flight. Well, it was only valid for a year and since the amount of time I had left to use it was getting smaller and smaller it was time to plan a trip! So Brandon, Dakota, Kelsey and I decided to go to Cancun!

Just at look at the pictures out the car window as we drove to the SLC airport. I could not have been happier to be going to a warm, sunny place.
On the plane, ready to go! It was a long trip there - we flew from Salt Lake to Minnesota and then to Cancun. So funny story... Dakota and Kelsey were very cautious about us making our flight - they wanted to get to the airport 3 hours early, even though 2 hours would have been adequate and Dakota even bought flight insurance. Well, we made it to the airport just fine and while we were waiting for our flight Brandon and I went to grab some food. We came back and watched the stuff while Dakota and Kelsey went to do the same. Except that we waited and waited and they never came back and our flight was boarding. Brandon ran around frantically searching for them and I asked the man at the gate to keep it open just a little longer. Finally Brandon paged them over the intercom and they made it onto the flight just in time. Whew, that was close.
Out of boredom during a 6 hour layover I put in blue contacts! First time I've ever seen myself with blue eyes and it kinda freaked me out! I'm so not a fan. I don't look like myself at all!
Too much time in airports will do this to you...
We made it! The first day was a bit windy and cloudy, but the rest of the trip was pure sunshine. Playing "Your team" is very easy down here haha. Lots of interesting people.
We took a shuttle from the airport to our hotel, The Gran Caribe Real, and the other people on our bus were absolutely hilarious! None of us knew each other, but we were instant friends all laughing and joking with each other on the drive. Some of my favorite quotes from that bus ride, "I've been here at least 10 times and at least 1/4 of my wrinkles came from Mexico." In response, a bigger possibly, gay man, in the back said, "Ohmygoshhhhhhhhh lady! Are you filthy rich or what!?" This same older lady was later saying how hot it is here and the same man in the back responded, "Hey lady, it's Mexico, you can take of your shirt." Um, no thank you! The other people in the van learned that the four of us were from Utah and then the joke became that all of us in the van were one big, happy, Utah (Mormon) family. But then Kelsey and Dakota said that they're dating each other and someone said, "Well, now that would be Arkansas." Oh people are just so funny.

Taylor Swift would be proud of us and our hand hearts.
Stoked to be in the ocean!
Can you tell we're happy to be here?

One of my favorite pictures.
We drank a whole lot of virgin drinks while we were there. Seriously probably 5 a day. At least. So delicious. We had some favorite waiters that would give us extra good service. Hector was one of them and would create "Hector's Special" drinks for us. Best ever.
Another thing I had a lot of was their guacamole. Possibly the BEST I have ever had.
They're so cute together.
This is completely random, but there were so many Canadians on vacation here in Cancun. And second to Canadians were Australians. We met a ton of both, but hardly any Americans. Good thing we were there to represent!


No Response to "Heading to Cancun"

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger