Welcome to the Outback

I love the outback, and no I'm not talking about Outback steakhouse, I mean the REAL outback. After Cairns we flew to Darwin. You know what's crazy? We had a half hour time change between the two cities! HALF AN HOUR! How bizarre is that?
I can't remember what this place was called, but it was gorgeous and we had such a fun swimming across to that waterfall in the back. This is one of my favorite memories of the outback.
We're crazy.
We kept wondering...how do we know there's not a crocodile in here? Ignorance is bliss.
Life is so good.
I did not think anyone would wear a cute swimsuit on study abroad so I just brought my racing one. Wish I would have taken a cute one too, cause almost everyone else did.
Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.
Is this not the most Australian looking vehicle you've ever seen?
We learned lots about the aboriginals while in Darwin. We saw some ancient drawings done on rocks and well, nothing beats the caption listed for this one. "He is a dangerous spirit who eats females after striking them with a yam." What!?!
Here it is! Careful girls!
Their language is intense. We saw quite a few aboriginal people out and about in the city, but sadly there seems to be a huge disparity between them and the white people. I'm sure there are some very successful aboriginals, but every single one that I saw seemed borderline homeless, which was quite sad.
Milo! The drink was pretty good, but the cereal was fantastic!
Outback sunset.
One of our vans, the one that held all of our luggage broke down!! Here's everyone trying to get it going again, but no such luck. Luckily we got a new one soon after.
Just snapped this while we were driving along. While in Darwin I think we spent probably 3-4 hours driving a day on average. Sometimes more. But it's really strange because time went by so quickly! We talked a ton - first kiss stories, most embarrassing moments, what if games etc. And there were some serious dance parties had in the cars. Time has never gone by more quickly in a car.
I just can't get over how great all of their signs are. Make sure to look at the little pictures.
We heard the mosquitoes would be awful in Darwin. We even bought mosquito nets to put over our heads. I never actually wore mine, but here are some of our group members modeling them. The mosquitoes didn't get bad until later in the trip though.


A group of head cooks all went shopping to get food for the upcoming days and this is the receipt we left with!
Courtney and I were head cooks together and a pretty awesome breakfast if I do say so myself!
Umm, ok?
Bell peppers = Capsicum
Once again I can't remember the name of this place. We saw so many sights over the course of the trip I lose track of all their names sadly.



No Response to "Welcome to the Outback"

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger