Oz

I was flipping through an old journal and in 2003 I wrote, "If I could go anywhere in the world I'd go to Australia." Reading that made me so happy. I had forgotten that I said that but it was awesome to see that I'd accomplished that goal. Our group rented a few vans to travel around in and I took a lot of pictures out of the car windows while we drove around.
I had to keep telling myself "I'm in Australia! I'm in Australia! I'm in Australia!"
I have such a weird obsession with taking pictures of signs in other countries.
I feel like there was something really funny about this picture, but now I don't remember what it was. But hey, it says Gday mate on the license plate which is pretty tight.


Australia is such a beautiful country with such diverse scenery.
Makeup and showering were not a priority on this trip for anyone and even though we'd only been here about a day or two I think you can already see the results.
We camped a majority of the time on our trip and stayed in Holiday Parks. Basically you camp in tents, but have access to a common shower/bathroom area and kitchen. Here is the kitchen area in our first Holiday Park.
I couldn't get my camera to focus on the green ants but they're the weirdest looking things! I was totally grossed out by the fact that they were crawling on tables, but I'd soon learn to care a whole lot less about bugs.
Food time!!! We were each assigned to be in cooking groups and if it was your day to be one of the lead cooks you had total control over what you decided to make for the group as long as you stayed in budget. It was a huge learning experience - cooking multiple meals for 30 people with limited resources. We really got the hang of it though and made some delicious food.
Camp being set up. We really had no clue what we were doing at this point.
I think this was the first time I'd ever put up a tent on my own. Luckily my tentmate was there to help, but we obviously didn't know how to pull our tent tight. By the end of the trip though we were masters. We could put it up and take it down in no time.
Everything at this point was so new - new country, new people, new routines, new foods, new time zone. My life was so different than just a week before. Plus no cell phones and very little internet access.

No Response to "Oz"

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger