Mockingjay

I finished Mockingjay and have mixed feelings about it. I could not put it down, even taking it with me to my brother's football game just so I could keep reading it. It's pretty dark and violent at points, but you just keep hoping and waiting for everything to work out. As a sidenote: I really liked how Katniss thinks through her problems in the story because it shows what an intelligent and logical person she is and helps the reader to understand her thought process. Warning, spoilers: As much as I have loved the series really felt like the last few chapters were not consistent with the overall story. I know Katniss went through a lot, but I felt like she just gave up on life and was constantly sedated at the end. She had fought so hard for so long, but seemed to lose her willpower. And no goodbye from Gale? I'm devastated over this, he was such a huge influence in her life and best friend but he just bails and goes to a different city. I'm okay with the fact that she did not end up with him, but come on, we readers need some closure. It seems like the author had a deadline to meet or something and so she suddenly wrapped up the story very abruptly. Overall, I loved the series, but there are some parts that were frustrating!

My favorite quote is: "Because that's what you and I do, protect each other." I love that so much.

I also liked:

"Gale is mine. I am his. Anything else is unthinkable."

"You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope."

"Destroying things is much easier than making them."

"Poor Finnick. Is this the first time in your life you haven't looked pretty?" I say. "It must be. The sensation's completely new. How have you managed it all these years?" he asks. "Just avoid mirrors. You'll forget about it," I say. "Not if I keep looking at you," he says."

There are so many other quotes I loved, but it seems silly to put them here without the context of the story.

1 Response to Mockingjay

Lisa Spencer
October 2, 2010 at 6:44 PM

I was so sad finnick died! but i agree with u the last few chapters were like bam bam bam! and the whole series is about katniss keeping her sister safe and then the ending she dies?! its like everything she did was a waste

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger