Wicked

Because I love the play so much, I thought it'd be a good idea to read the book that inspired the play. Turns out that wasn't such a good idea. The title should have tipped me off. It was too long, not that exciting, fairly depressing and pessimistic. It was also way too scandalous, I didn't expect that at all. The author seemed to have an anti-religion undertone (pg 471) and even though he would try to argue both sides, atheism always seemed to win. I didn't enjoy his writing style either. Also, there were so many unanswered questions left at the end which bothered me. The play is very different and significantly better, thank goodness! I'm very happy to be done with the book and never want to look at it again. Bottom line: It is usually said that the book is better than the movie, but in this case the play is better than the book. By a lot. Just go see the play and skip the book.

No Response to "Wicked"

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger