Sights in Paris

Oh Paris. I used to think liking Paris was really unoriginal and cliche, but I know now that it's popular for good reason. I was converted immediately and I really love it here. This picture was taken on our train from Nice to Paris. About a 5-6 hour trip. The trains were such a great way to travel and so convenient, I totally recommend using them.
There are so many different ways a crepe can look. No matter what form they come in though, they all taste delicious.
I think the French are far nicer than people say. They're very kind. I think the key is just to smile and say bonjour before asking a question. I seriously only met nice French people the entire trip, I was very impressed.
This is not edited at all - the sunset was so pretty!
This may or may not have been my 2nd crepe in one day :) I made a complete mess while eating it, but I just couldn't think about manners when I was eating something this mouth-watering.
How they make the crepes. The guy in the background looked so much like Johnny Depp.
The Paris Metro. I don't care for it at all - it's just not user-friendly. A French person even told me they get confused once in a while trying to get around on it. Luckily Erin had a Paris Metro app on her i-touch which helped us out.
This might be totally creepy but these 3 French girls were all dressed so cute and were so classically French that I had to take a secret picture.
Long ride on the RER. Looking a bit tired, but happy about that I got a little tan while in Nice.
Cute puppies! His attempt to play on tourists love of animals worked because I gave him some money.
The famous river Seine.
Notre Dame! There were a million people all around and I wasn't able to get a good picture in front when all of a sudden people started to clear out Erin told me, "Run back!" So this is the action-shot of me hurrying back just for a good picture haha. Erin and I laughed at this for a while. There are a lot of non-French, homeless people in Paris that come up to you and ask if you speak English. If you say yes they then tell you a sob story and ask for money. It gets old really fast and I laughed when right after this picture was taken Erin was approached by one of them and told them, "No hablo Ingles." hahaha. I don't think they believed her for a second but it was funny to see their reaction.
Gargoyles are awesome, but a little creepy. I think Notre Dame is neat, but there are some far cooler cathedrals as far as the interior goes, so I wasn't super impressed. There's a nice big stained glass window, but if there's a huge line and you don't want to go inside, don't worry, you didn't miss much. However, it would be cool to go up to the bell tower - I'd like to do that next time.
We saw all the main sights that we wanted to see in one day in Paris: Notre Dame, Arc De Triophe, Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Champs-Elysees and a few other smaller things. We had mastered sight-seeing by this point in the trip. Because the post would have been too massive I've broken it up into two posts, but you'll notice I'm wearing the same outfit in all of the pictures.

2 Response to Sights in Paris

September 14, 2010 at 11:16 AM

I have been to that EXACT crepe stand! LOVE PARIS :) Looks like you had a blast!

September 14, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Why didn't you major in tourism/hospitality?!! You sound like the perfect tour guide. We want to go to Europe and figure it would be worth our while to pay for you to join us to show us all the BEST places. I'm just saying . . .

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger