More Sights in Paris

Don't go to Paris without walking down the Champs-Elysees! According to Wikipedia, "With its cinemas, cafes, luxury specialty shops and clipped horse-chestnut trees, the Avenue des Champs-Élysées is one of the most famous streets in the world, and with rents as high as 1.5 million annually per 1,100 square feet of space, it is the most expensive strip of real estate in Europe."
It's such a nice place to walk around and supposedly people used to dress up just to come here. You can spend as little as 5 minutes or as much as 5 hours walking around and window shopping. I don't spend too much time here because everything is pretty expensive, but it's definitely worth seeing.
Again, it makes me smile to read the English signs in France. This was at the Arc De Triomphe. I kinda like how it's totally not correct, but why hasn't anyone pointed this out to them?
The beautiful Arc De Triomphe. I love it!

Erin and I sitting directly under the Arc De Triomphe.
Since there is no elevator I climbed the 284 steps to the top. Definitely worth the view. There is a nice panoramic view of Paris and 12 major avenues such as this one.
It's not very far from the Eiffel Tower! I love views of cities, so to me the climb was totally worth it. Be prepared for some wind up there though.
Musee Du Louvre. So classic - you can't miss this museum while you're in France. I had to laugh though because as I walking in there was a man that standing there greeting each person by saying, "Bonjour, bonjour, bonjour..." Then when I walked in he said, "Good morning sweetheart." I had to laugh a little to myself that I am so obviously American.
The people who duplicate the originals are amazing, I could just stand there and watch them paint for hours.
This place is enormous - you could spend forever in here. Last year we spent around 3 hours here, but Erin and I were in and out in an hour. My feet thanked me.
You could crown surf down to the Venus De Milo if you wanted to. So many tourists with their giant cameras all chattering away in different languages.
The Venus De Milo is pretty cool, but can someone remind me again why it's so famous? I know it's an ancient Greek sculpture of Aphrodite, but there are other statues that are equally if not more interesting and beautiful.
The Mona Lisa. Her eyes really do follow you.
Enormous paintings. Some people are so unbelievably talented.
Even the Louvre itself is a beautiful building.
Can't miss it.


No Response to "More Sights in Paris"

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger