Hunger Games


I have been hearing so much about The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins and so I decided to not be a slacker and read it before it's old news. So I bought the first book, The Hunger Games, and read it in about 2 days. I really enjoyed it. I've heard a few times that it's someone's new favorite book and I wouldn't go that far, but it's definitely worth reading. There is no bad language at all, the only thing that might bother people is a little violence, but it's not too descriptive. The story is a little predictable at parts, but I was in suspense for the majority of the book - it obviously must have been interesting enough for me to finish it so quickly. I recommend reading it.

Summary: "In a future North America, where the rulers of Panem maintain control through an annual televised survival competition pitting young people from each of the twelve districts against one another, sixteen-year-old Katniss's skills are put to the test when she voluntarily take her younger sister's place."

I didn't find many parts quotable because they really only make sense in context of the book, but this line cracks me up on page 117. "Well you better learn fast. You've got about as much charm as a dead slug."

1 Response to Hunger Games

September 7, 2010 at 12:08 PM

I liked it too. I wanted a little more explanation of their political situation, of why things were the way they were.
But, it is a teen novel, so it makes sense that there isn't too much political commentary in the book =)

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger