Loving Australia!!

I love Australia! When I was in 6th grade we had to do a country report and I chose to do mine on Australia, so I've actually loved it for a long time, except now it's more legit since I've actually been to it. I have taken over 8 GB worth of pictures and videos in the past 2 1/2 weeks so brace yourself for when I get home and start uploading them all - it's gonna be massive. Plus, I still have to catch up on the rest of Europe and the things I did in between the two trips. Whew. I need to find a way to start getting paid to blog! I posted this map of Australia so you can see where I've been so far. We spent the first week in Cairns (pronounced "cans") on the North-eastern coast, then went west to Darwin in the far north and then we went down to Sydney. We have experienced the rainforest, the Outback and the city. Loved it all! I have spent most nights camping and have never been more appreciative for things like a mattress, showers, clean clothes, washing machines, bug spray, warm meals, free internet etc. It's been adventurous for sure, but we've all been loving it!
Because I don't have time to elaborate I'll just briefly summarize my time in Australia:
-Petting a kangaroo
-Making great friends
-Learning how to throw a boomerang
-Scuba diving along the Great Barrier Reef
-Zip lining through the rainforest
-Going to the temple
-Mastering setting up and taking down a tent quickly
-Mosquitoes love me and I have 40 bites to prove it
-Going to an Aussie Rules football game was incredible
-Learning to cook for 30 people has been very eye-opening
-Perfecting my belly flop and doing it with my friends and professor
-Seeing Wicked
-Being proposed to by an Australian
-Swimming in gorgeous lakes
-Hiking to waterfalls


When I get home I will elaborate much more, but there is a summary of my time in Australia for you! I'm now in New Zealand and absolutely loving it!

5 Response to Loving Australia!!

August 8, 2010 at 3:33 AM

You saw Wicked again???!! Lucky!

About the whole being proposed to by an Australian....was he just joking or totally serious? And if he was totally serious and really hot, I'm going to be quite disappointed if you declined his offer!

August 8, 2010 at 1:50 PM

lauren! you sound like you're having the best time!

August 19, 2010 at 2:35 AM

I've missed Aussie rules and hadn't remembered since you mentioned it. ARGH!!! Glad to hear you're loving your adventure.

August 21, 2010 at 4:27 PM

SO JEALOUS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

August 26, 2010 at 3:08 AM

Ah. This makes me miss Australia so much.

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger