Burj Khalifa

You thought I was done posting about the Middle East, but I fooled ya! Here are more pictures that I don't think I've posted! As I go back through my photo albums I just keep finding more and more pictures!

While we were in Dubai went up to the top of the world's tallest building! It's called The Burj Khalifa. It was way cool and well...very tall! Here's Dad, Steph, me and Paula!
Whoa, you could strain your neck trying to see the top from this close!
Here are some of the views from the lookout deck.
Reminds you a bit of Vegas, no? Huge desert with a big city and tall sky scrapers right there in the middle.

These next few pictures are from walking around Dubai.
Lots and lots of perfume shops.
And LOTS of gold jewelry!
Sometimes I take pictures of nothing just to show what the area looks like.
More perfume!
Dad and Paula bought Steph and I each a perfume while we were over there. Mine came from a mall in Bahrain. We went to go see Robin Hood, but before (or was it after?) we into a store that sold scented wood as well as perfume. I thought this bottle was so beautiful and that's what drew me to it initially. The scent, however, is unlike any perfume you've ever smelled before. I can't quite describe it, but I don't think American boys would be very fond of me if I started wearing it. It's not a bad scent, it's just not sweet like we're used to. That was also part of the appeal to me though, a perfume that reminded me of the Middle East. I keep it on my desk because it's so pretty, but took a picture of it on my bed because it showed up better.
Here's the box it came in.



1 Response to Burj Khalifa

August 30, 2010 at 7:25 AM

Lauren, you have been EVERYWHERE!!! Seriously..words cannot describe how envious I am of you right now! I thought it was incredibly exciting to visit Catalina Island. Oh, how that trip seems so miniscule compared to your adventures :)

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger