The Bombay House

In high school I spent a lot of time at my friend Angela's house hanging out, doing homework, talking, watching One Tree, getting ready to go out and whatever else it is we did. Since I spent so much time over there I often ate dinner with her family which was always delicious and authentic Indian food. This was first exposure to Indian cuisine and I liked it almost immediately. Her Mom is one of the sweetest women alive and always gave us more than enough to eat. Random side story: One time I was sitting at their kitchen table with Angela and from the kitchen her Mom, in Hindi, asked Angela to hand her the watch that was sitting at the table, and without even realizing it I picked up the watch and handed it to her. Angela and her Mom just looked at each other speechless for a moment and then laughed because even though I don't speak Hindi whatsoever, I somehow understood her in that moment. Ok, but back to the point- I haven't had much Indian food since high school, mostly because it's disappointing to have Indian food that doesn't taste nearly so good. However, last night my friend Jenni and I went to Bombay House in Provo and it was so unbelievably delicious! All the good things I have heard about this place are completely true! We ordered Chicken Tikka Masala, regular and garlic naan, as well as some cucumber raita. It's a pretty pricey place for my budget, but luckily it was enough food that we shared everything and were plenty full. Oh and the service was wonderful. Everyone kept checking on us multiple times without being overbearing. If I were a food critic I would give this place a 5 star rating. It is the Thai Ruby of Indian food in my opinion.

My friend Jenni with all of the amazing food!


3 Response to The Bombay House

April 22, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Jenny Clark! I love that girl :) You make me want to go try it! I'll have to convince Brian to take me there...yum.

April 22, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Here's a random fact that I know you'll enjoy: Half the population of Fiji is Indian (especially in Nandi, where the international airport is located). Tons of authentic Indian restaurants in the area. I just thought I'd share. :)

April 23, 2010 at 2:50 AM

Whoa! How do you know Jenni!? Also, hope you're doing great!

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger