Healthcare and Facebook

Man, this new health care bill has really got a lot of people heated up! Reading peoples' status updates on my Facebook homepage has been very interesting. For some reason, even the ones I agree with make me laugh. It's a serious issue, but somehow people getting all hard-core on Facebook just cracks me up. Here are what some of the conservative Facebook users have to say:

"Conservatives say fish for yourself. Liberals TAKE your fish, give it to someone who has fewer fish, tell you to fish harder now, because more fish are needed."

"If I gave every homeless person money, I'll become homeless. I'm helping them by cutting down the competition."

"Kinda wish I would have applied myself and picked something more applicable but who needs a good job? Don't have to worry about getting health care! By the time Obama is done the more I slack off the better I'll be."

"LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT. The new health care plan will be written by a committee whose Chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress which hasn't read it, signed by a President who smokes, funded by a Treasury Secretary who did not pay his taxes, overseen by a Surgeon General who is obese, and financed by a country that is nearly broke. What could possibly go wrong?" -Senator Scott Brown

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
Thomas Jefferson

I want to read up more on this issue, but I probably won't post much about my personal opinion because to be honest, people aren't very tolerant of people who have different opinions, so I'm a bit hesitant to post anything too political on this blog - I don't want to get anyone wound up or bring the political controversy to my blog. Just posting the Facebook statuses of the day - agree or disagree as you like. I'm glad people are posting them though, because it's really entertaining to read the commentary that follows.

1 Response to Healthcare and Facebook

March 26, 2010 at 1:45 AM

You're right. So many people don't vote, but are willing to post their opinions on FB! Gotta love the USA! (Oh, and I borrowed the Thomas Jefferson quote-truly inspired wisdom!)

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger