St. Petersburg

Russia...is a really cool place.
People would ask, "Why do you want to go to Russia?" And I'm thinking, "Why would you NOT want to go to Russia?? Hello??" Of course it's not palm trees and pina coladas, but it's way more interesting!!! And come on, how many people can say they've been to Russia? It is SO worth it. It really opened my eyes and was just an incredible cultural experience. Even though St. Petersburg is very European in style, it is far different than anything else I saw while in Europe.
You can only go in if you have a Visa (which is very hard to obtain) or if you are on a guided excursion with a cruise ship and we were the latter, obviously. We went on a 9 hour tour and saw so much. Russia is hard to describe. Overall, it's pretty industrial looking, but yet some of the buildings and things you see on the street are so beautiful it is almost surprising. There are tons of bridges and lots of old cars. And people do not have life easy there. They seem to have come a long way, but they certainly have a long ways to go.

I wish I could go into detail about all of these pictures, but I'm already a week a half behind on posting these, so enjoy!!

Picture from the bus

I love street signs in other countries.
This little girl's expression says so much





Only in Russia
Haha, I saw this shirt after I had lunch in Russia and it made me laugh
There is always a timer on the stoplights. I think it's handy.





Our tour guide always addressed us as, "My dear guests..." This sign made me think of that.










Money conversion
Mom made me put on this hat...do I look Russian?

Where we had lunch...a post on that to follow
The Hermitage

No matter where I go, I always see brides!!



1 Response to St. Petersburg

July 7, 2009 at 3:45 AM

I am so jealous. All of your pictures are amazing and it looks like you had a GREAT time. what an experience! How fun to have your mom come visit too!

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger