The Stairmaster's got nothin' on me

I'm totally quoting Mari in the title of my post. It's sooo true though. We are always hiking, climbing, walking etc. For example, I have to climb up 47 steps just to get from the first floor to my room every single day. And I go up and down many, many times a day. Many of the buildings in Europe are obviously much older than they are in the states and therefore they were not built with elevators to make the higher levels accessible to the handicap or otherwise. Many times if you want to go up into a building you will take the stairs or you won't go because there are no elevators or escalators. Therefore, I feel like I am climbing stairs all day long. This is so good though, because it helps to balance out all the good food we're eating :) I haven't gained any weight, knock on wood, but I really think this is largely due to all of the physical exercise we're doing. My leg muscles are so solid, I love it. It's sometimes nice to be forced to walk a little further, climb a few more steps and just be a little more active in my everyday life.

So speaking of climbing...while in Scotland we hiked this massive hill called King Aurthur's seat. It was quite a good hike from the very bottom to the top and I really felt the burn. It was a gorgeous view though and totally worth it.









2 Response to The Stairmaster's got nothin' on me

June 1, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Ha ha! I totally know what you're talking about with the stairs. Just try a stairmaster when you get back and you'll be blown away by how tough you are (:

June 1, 2009 at 2:39 PM

That reminds me of my Liberty Square days- 150 steps up the south hill to campus, usually a couple times a day. No wonder I never gained weight!

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger