Crystal Palace

As I mentioned in a previous post, I go to church at the Crystal Palace Ward here in England. I have been helping out with the little kids in primary (5-8 year olds) and I absolutely love it. I just love these little kids, it was so hard saying goodbye today!! (Today was my last day there because next Sunday is Stake Conference with Pres. Uchtdorf and the following Sunday we're going to Eucharist at St. Paul's Cathedral.) I couldn't leave without taking some pictures, of course, so here are the kids in our class.

Rachel and I teach. From left to right is Thomas, Rachel, Harrison and Bradley. Yep, there are two Rachels. And Thomas and Bradley are brothers.
They hold church at a preschool outside of London.
Rachel teaching.
Bradley and I have become good buddies these past few weeks. He makes me laugh SO hard! He's just adorable to begin with and has such a witty sense of humor. Not to mention, he has the cutest British accent. His little brother, Thomas, is in the class and whenever Thomas acts up Bradley says, "Thomas, you're being ruuuude! You need to respect your olders!" haha, yes olders, not elders. Today when we were taking pictures Bradley said, "Thomas, straighten your tie, look smart!" Last Sunday, as I was leaving church he told me, "You are my best friend." My heart totally melted. Since today was my last day I told him that he could draw in my journal if he wanted and this is what he did. I was very impressed because my first week here I told him my middle name and he remembered it. It's hard to read what he wrote, but to translate it says, "To Lauren I will miss you as you leave You are my best friend in the world." Then he wrote his name and the name of all his siblings.
I'm so glad I had the opportunity to get to know and spend time with some of the London locals and make so many new friends. What a great experience.

2 Response to Crystal Palace

May 31, 2009 at 10:41 PM

That made my heart melt! I love kids.

June 1, 2009 at 11:08 AM

I always love travelling and visiting new places, but have found that if you really want to get to know a place, hang out with locals. They live there and know everything. And, if you get to be with kids, they WILL tell you everything, too. Seriously, they are the best (and sweetest!) tour guides ever.

Life is Good All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger